Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Charles-Alexandre Sabourdin <ka...@dedaletechnology.com> on 2003/12/22 16:49:42 UTC

Re: chicken and egg

Le Lundi 22 Décembre 2003 16:49, Charles Tassoni a écrit :
>       I've got a chicken-and-egg problem.  I need to declare the jars
> created by my project inside project.xml-- otherwise I couldn't use maven
> to distribute them to the necessary ears, wars, etc.  And that means that
> when I build maven will load earlier versions of my jars into the
> repository, and that maven will include those jars in the classpath during
> compilation of my

this article would answer your problem :
http://www.theserverside.com/resources/article.jsp?l=MavenMagic

<dependency>
      <groupId>Foobar-Travels</groupId>
      <artifactId>foobar-services</artifactId>
      <version>${pom.currentVersion}</version>
      <properties>
        <ejb.manifest.classpath>true</ejb.manifest.classpath>
      </properties>
    </dependency>
--
Charles-Alexandre
SABOURDIN

multiproject super-jar question

Posted by "Charles N. Harvey III" <ch...@alloy.com>.
Hello.
I started messing about with multiproject yesterday and so far it works
great.  I have my "company-commons" project and then underneath it I
have "utils", "strings", "validation".  And when I run multiproject:install
it builds all my jars - even with some of the sources being dependent
on other subprojects.  Amazing stuff, congrats to those who contributed!

Now for my question...  Has anyone created a goal for combining all the
subproject jar files into one larger jar?  I want to create
"company-commons.jar" and in include all the subproject class files.

I am thinking that I could create a goal in my maven.xml that looks into
each subprojects target folder and grabs all the classes, but I thought
I'd ask to see if anyone else has done something similar.

Thanks for the help.

Charlie