Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Juan Pereyra <ju...@globant.com> on 2009/04/24 16:52:07 UTC

Content bootstrapping

Hi guys,

Is in Jackrabbit a defined way to bootstrap initial data? Say, I have a set of folders that I need to be present in the repo before my app can start doing anything useful, I was about to write a bootstraping module that reads from a custom xml, pretty similar to what Alfresco does, but I wonder if there's something around that already does that, and if not, would it be a worthy contribution?

Thanks,
Juan

Re: Content bootstrapping

Posted by Juan Pereyra <ju...@globant.com>.
Jukka,

I've read the ticket and I definitely agree with your suggestion. I'll reopen the ticket as soon as we have this feature scheduled in our implementation.

Thanks,
Juan

> Is in Jackrabbit a defined way to bootstrap initial data? Say, I have a set of
> folders that I need to be present in the repo before my app can start doing
> anything useful, I was about to write a bootstraping module that reads from
> a custom xml, pretty similar to what Alfresco does, but I wonder if there's
> something around that already does that, and if not, would it be a worthy
> contribution?

We don't have such a feature now in Jackrabbit, but see JCR-324 [1]
for an old contribution that's a bit like what you're looking for.
Funnily enough I closed the issue as inactive just minutes before your
post, but feel free to reopen it if you're interested in trying out
the existing patch and perhaps making the adjustments that I was
suggesting earlier.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Content bootstrapping