Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2019/12/27 15:27:40 UTC

[OT] Re: How to set apache load balancer for send request to 6 tomcat server

Zahid,

On 12/23/19 15:19, Zahid Rahman wrote:
> If your backend tomcat servers are running on different physical
> machines therefore with different ip addresses then there is
> nothing wrong with each backend  tomcat server listening on same
> port (80) of each machine. Further to mod_jk worker properties file
> redirection.
>
> It is pointless in having multiple tomcat instances running on same
> machine , because the kernel will slice and share resources as per
> priority level setting of OS.

I disagree. There are use-cases for running multiple Tomcat instances
on the same machine.

> If you don't have heavy user activity expectations   then this
> excercise is pointless.

?

- -chris

Re: [OT] Re: How to set apache load balancer for send request to 6 tomcat server

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Zahid,

On 12/27/19 10:33, Zahid Rahman wrote:
> Good,  please expand

Please ask a separate wquestion on the list so we don't hijack this
thread.

- -chris

Posted by Zahid Rahman <za...@gmail.com>.
Good,  please expand