Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com> on 2021/05/13 10:14:04 UTC

Nightly builds availability

All,

Many users in emails, issues and PRs have asked for packages or suggested that they'll help test a particular fix after release packages are available.

To facilitate users with developer or snapshot builds of latest branches of Apache CloudStack, we've setup a daily build job also popularly called "nightly" builds [1]:
https://download.cloudstack.org/testing/nightly

The nightly builds will include the two most recent development branches, for example the master/main branch (4.16.0.0-snapshot) and the 4.15 branch (4.15.1.0-snapshot), built from https://github.com/apache/cloudstack

Only last seven builds will be kept in the above location, users may help test CloudStack by using the latest developer/snapshot build using: https://download.cloudstack.org/testing/nightly/latest/

Systemvmtemplates are available here that will work for nightly builds:
https://download.cloudstack.org/systemvm/

NOTE: upgrade paths will NOT be supported or maintained for these developer/snapshot builds, therefore users shouldn't use this in production. A fresh installation of these builds are recommended in your testing effort.

With this I invite all contributors to help us test the 4.15 branch towards the 4.15.1.0 (RC1 to be cut tentatively b/w 24-31 May 2021):
https://download.cloudstack.org/testing/nightly/latest/centos7/4.15/
https://download.cloudstack.org/testing/nightly/latest/centos8/4.15/
https://download.cloudstack.org/testing/nightly/latest/debian/4.15/
https://download.cloudstack.org/systemvm/4.15/ (use the 4.15.1 systemvmtemplate)

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_build

Regards.

Re: Nightly builds availability

Posted by "Katie F." <of...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for the references.
I’ll try to get busy with review and researching there for now.
~Katie Foos

Sent from my iPhoneSE.Kathleen Foos

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

--