Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Da...@cec.eu.int on 2005/04/28 10:47:20 UTC

TwoLevelCache enhancement proposal

Armin,

I discovered that the default implementation of the CopyStrategy.read method

re-build the object based on the hashmap stored in the cache implementation.
That's cool, but the problem is the following:
When an object is retrieved from the cache, and you try to get one
of its reference or collection, you always get null.

I propose to add in the read method of CopyStrategy
        broker.retrieveAllReferences(target);
before returning the object.

What do you think ?

David WIESZTAL.

Re: TwoLevelCache enhancement proposal

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi David,

David.WIESZTAL@cec.eu.int wrote:
> Armin,
>
> I discovered that the default implementation of the CopyStrategy.read method
>
> re-build the object based on the hashmap stored in the cache implementation.
> That's cool, but the problem is the following:
> When an object is retrieved from the cache, and you try to get one
> of its reference or collection, you always get null.
>
> I propose to add in the read method of CopyStrategy
>         broker.retrieveAllReferences(target);
> before returning the object.
>
> What do you think ?

please have a look in method
ObjectCacheTwoLevelImpl#materializeFullObject. This method was called
after retrieve the object from the application cache (and filtered by
the CopyStrategy). What will be the benefit if we move the
materialization of the references from cache impl to CopyStrategy?

regards,
Armin