Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Helzer, Mark E" <Ma...@cdk.com> on 2015/08/19 18:12:35 UTC

status of xalan development

Hello all,
It appears Xalan-C++ is no longer actively being developed.  I note that it appears it hasn’t been tested with later versions of Xerces-C++.  Is Xalan-C++ still being supported?  Any plans to develop against Xerces-C++ version 3…?

Mark Helzer
Software Engineer
[cid:8ED3A378-2456-47E2-B022-B1921CF66BF5]
CDK Global LLC.
503 402-3481
mark.helzer@cdk.com

This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of the message is not the intended recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify the sender immediately by return email and delete the message and any attachments from your system.

Re: status of xalan development

Posted by sh...@e-z.net.
> Unfortunately the first google link points to the old site for 1.10, so
> that
> leads to some confusion.
>
> Try the current site at https://xalan.apache.org/xalan-c/  1.11 works fine
> against Xerces 3.
>
> Steven (or someone) - would it be possible to get a notice/link on the old
> site
> pointing to the current site?
>

> On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 04:12:35PM +0000, Helzer, Mark E wrote:
>> Hello all,
>> It appears Xalan-C++ is no longer actively being developed.  I note that
>> it appears it hasn’t been tested with later versions of Xerces-C++.
>> Is Xalan-C++ still being supported?  Any plans to develop against
>> Xerces-C++ version 3…?
>>
>> Mark Helzer
>> Software Engineer
>> [cid:8ED3A378-2456-47E2-B022-B1921CF66BF5]
>> CDK Global LLC.
>> 503 402-3481
>> mark.helzer@cdk.com

>> This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the
>> addressee and may contain information that is privileged and
>> confidential. If the reader of the message is not the intended recipient
>> or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are
>> hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication is strictly
>> prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify the
>> sender immediately by return email and delete the message and any
>> attachments from your system.

There are very few committers left to maintain code.  I am in process of
integrating Xalan-C with the newer versions of Microsoft Visual Studio and
integrating with the newest release of Xerces-C.

Any others willing to comment on their build successes would be
appreciated, anong with posting issues to JIRA.  We welcome any persons
willing to contribute their time and talents to help maintain mature
projects.

I am also reviewing the reference links on our web pages so as to
encourage web search engines to find our most resent software libraries.

Sincerely,
Steven J. Hathaway

Re: status of xalan development

Posted by Bill Blough <de...@blough.us>.