Posted to websh-dev@tcl.apache.org by David Welton <da...@dedasys.com> on 2008/01/15 11:58:32 UTC

Websh compile on recent Ubuntu: apr.h issues

A quick note without a real fix, yet:

Compiling websh on a recent Ubuntu is problematic because it can't
find apr.h, which resides here:

/usr/include/apr-1.0/

Adding that as an include path fixes things.  I guess configure needs
some kind of option for that.

--
David N. Welton

http://www.welton.it/davidw/

http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: Websh compile on recent Ubuntu: apr.h issues

Posted by Ronnie Brunner <ro...@netcetera.ch>.
> I'm not really sure how to proceed here: Websh doesn't depend
> (directly) on apr, only httpd(2) does. Is this really something I
> should try to track in Websh's configure?

Just noticed that I previously thought I need to add that and actually
already implemented it a couple of months back when playing with
Apache 2.2.4... I just committed it now.

Ronnie
--
Ronnie Brunner | ronnie.brunner@netcetera.ch
phone +41-44-247 79 79 | fax +41-44-247 70 75

Re: Websh compile on recent Ubuntu: apr.h issues

Posted by Ronnie Brunner <ro...@netcetera.ch>.
> Compiling websh on a recent Ubuntu is problematic because it can't
> find apr.h, which resides here:
>
> /usr/include/apr-1.0/
>
> Adding that as an include path fixes things.  I guess configure needs
> some kind of option for that.

I'm not really sure how to proceed here: Websh doesn't depend
(directly) on apr, only httpd(2) does. Is this really something I
should try to track in Websh's configure?

Anybody with a good idea how this is usually done?

Thanks
Ronnie