Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Garcia Aparici, Carlos" <cg...@indra.es> on 2016/02/04 13:14:47 UTC

RE: TC Connector IIS 1.2.40 not running on windows 2012 R2 64 bits

Good day fellows

I'm answering my own question mainly for historical purposes, so if someone search for this in the future he'll find this answer too.

Related to the problem, we tried a lot of things... different versions of the filter... diferent versions of the MS VC Runtime... we opened a case with MS (it was really important for us).

None of those things worked, neither the MS guy was able to make it work... The solution, after searching in the market for an alternative, was the Microsoft ARR.

Using the install by the WebPi component in IIS. That way it installed the requirements too.

ARR is very similar (well, all those programs are similar) to reverse proxy in squid, or mod_proxy and url_rewrite in apache or an external appliance as the Netscaler.

But at least, it worked of us and we can provided service to our client.

Un saludo.
Carlos García Aparici
Soporte a proyectos (CDG)

De: Thomas, Stuart [mailto:SThomas@littler.com] Enviado el: martes, 15 de septiembre de 2015 20:08
Para: Tomcat Users List
Asunto: RE: TC Connector IIS .41 build not running on windows 2012

You bet.

I found the answer when looking at the mod_jk build for 1.2.41 by Steffen:
https://www.apachelounge.com/download/
The Zip contains a file: "-- Build with VC14 x64 --" | he mentions here that the VC++ redistributable is necessary

Visual Studio isn't mentioned on the site as a build tool.  I would say It would definitely help if this could be included on the site or in the README for those using Visual Studio:  \tomcat-connectors-1.2.41-src\native\iis\README

I also discovered this post that gives more details about this and why the redis is necessary when using Visual Studio:
https://www.mail-archive.com/users@tomcat.apache.org/msg119020.html

 -sT