Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Glen Tapley <ta...@eircom.net> on 2006/08/27 02:35:55 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache configuration problem

Hi

I am using Debian Sarge and have installed apache2.

When I access my webpage on the debian server it defaults to
http://www.myserver.com/apache2-default/
The web page is still displayed but the index file has to be in the directory /var/www/apache2-default.

How do I change the configuation so that it reads
http://www.myserver.com/ and the index file is in the directory /var/www?

I have had previous experience with apache and I had to change the apache.conf file (I think) and change the root document setting to point to /var/www and the problem was resolved. This does not seem to be the answer with the new version of apache.

Can anyone help me with my problem?

Tx in advance

Glen

Find the home of your dreams with eircom net property
Sign up for email alerts now http://www.eircom.net/propertyalerts

Re: [users@httpd] Apache configuration problem

Posted by Rob Wilkerson <r....@gmail.com>.
All you should have to do is change the DocumentRoot directive.  And
the associated <Directory ...> block.  I haven't used Debian, but in
the default httpd.conf for Redhat/Fedora the directives are documented
pretty well.

DocumentRoot /var/www

On 8/26/06, Glen  Tapley <ta...@eircom.net> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am using Debian Sarge and have installed apache2.
>
> When I access my webpage on the debian server it defaults to
> http://www.myserver.com/apache2-default/
> The web page is still displayed but the index file has to be in the directory /var/www/apache2-default.
>
> How do I change the configuation so that it reads
> http://www.myserver.com/ and the index file is in the directory /var/www?
>
> I have had previous experience with apache and I had to change the apache.conf file (I think) and change the root document setting to point to /var/www and the problem was resolved. This does not seem to be the answer with the new version of apache.
>
> Can anyone help me with my problem?
>
> Tx in advance
>
> Glen

> Find the home of your dreams with eircom net property
> Sign up for email alerts now http://www.eircom.net/propertyalerts

Rob Wilkerson