Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org> on 2007/09/05 18:00:52 UTC

Re: Indexing very large files.

On 9/5/07, Brian Carmalt <bc...@contact.de> wrote:
> I've bin trying to index a 300MB file to solr 1.2. I keep getting out of
> memory heap errors.

300MB of what... a single 300MB document?  Or is that file represent
multiple documents in XML or CSV format?

-Yonik

Re: Indexing very large files.

Posted by Brian Carmalt <bc...@contact.de>.
Yonik Seeley schrieb:
> On 9/5/07, Brian Carmalt <bc...@contact.de> wrote:
>
>> I've bin trying to index a 300MB file to solr 1.2. I keep getting out of
>> memory heap errors.
>>

> 300MB of what... a single 300MB document?  Or is that file represent
> multiple documents in XML or CSV format?
>
> -Yonik

Hello Yonik,

Thank you for your fast reply.  It is one large document. If it was made up
of smaller docs, I would split it up and index them separately.

Can Solr be made to handle such large docs?

Thanks, Brian