Posted to dev@commonsrdf.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/06 02:37:45 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache CommonsRDF 0.2.0-incubating RC#2

Hi user@ & dev@,

As discussed on list, I am pleased to post a release candidate #1 for
CommonsRDF (Incubating) 0.2.0-incubating RC#2 for a public VOTE.

CommonsRDF 0.2.0-incubating RC2 is available for review here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/commonsrdf/0.2.0-incubating/

Maven artifacts are here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1164

Details of changes since 1.1 are in the release notes:
https://s.apache.org/0.2.0-incubating

The RC was built with
java version "1.8.0_66"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.66-b17, mixed mode)

The tag is here:
https://s.apache.org/0.2.0-incubating_tag_rc2

KEYS:
https://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/commonsrdf/KEYS

Please review the release candidate and vote.
This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now

  [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
  [ ] +0 OK, but...
  [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
  [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...

Thanks to everyone that contributed to this development drive and also
anyone able to review.
Best
Lewis

p.s. here is my binding +1

--
*Lewis*

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CommonsRDF 0.2.0-incubating RC#2

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
Thanks for having another go, Lewis! I know it can be tricky to be RM
on a project that is not well established release wise yet..

Unfortunately my vote is -1 due to wrong archive file name
(commons-rdf-parent), the additional -source archive in dist/ and
missing *.sha1 in dist/.

I'm OK to change this to a +1 if you fix that manually. (e.g. unzip,
mv, zip, gpg --sign --armor --detatched  and ad *.sha1/*.md5)

I'm a bit confused  as to why we have both

commons-rdf-parent-0.2.0-incubating-source-release.zip
commons-rdf-parent-0.2.0-incubating-src.zip

I think we need to fix the Maven build, as both of these are in the
dist folder (easily fixable) and in the Maven staging repo.

Which profile did you use when building, -Papache-release or
-Prelease? (Perhaps both accidentally got activated through the
parents?)

This is probably the two Maven parents from Commons and Apache
fighting with our own assembly settings.. so three different ways to
assemble the source dist! It could be because I updated the Commons
Maven Parent from 39 to 40 between the RCs. My fault.

commons-rdf-parent-0.2.0-incubating-source-release.zip seems to not
include the extra files like
pom.xml.releaseBackup and release.properties while both the -src* ones do.

In addition only -source-release.zip includes the examples/  - we seem
to exclude it in our custom src/main/assembly/src.xml (although I
don't quite see why - the examples are useful).

I think the folder commons-rdf-parent-0.2.0-incubating should instead
be called apache-commons-rdf-0.2.0-incubating, and the dist/ files as
well - otherwise we deviate a lot from
https://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/commonsrdf/0.1.0-incubating/

I can have a go at tweaking the Maven build settings, but as I said I
would be OK to vote +1 on a repackaged RC (e.g. keep the tag and Maven
staging, just repackage for dist)

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CommonsRDF 0.2.0-incubating RC#2

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.