Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Mercy <me...@apache.org> on 2018/06/07 07:18:34 UTC

Prepare for release of Dubbo Spring Boot Project v0.1.1 & v0.2.0

Hi, community

We are planing the release of Dubbo Spring Boot Project v0.1.1 & 0.2.0.

For now, Dubbo Spring Boot Project includes two main modules:

  *

    |dubbo-spring-boot-starter|: auto-configure features
    <https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo-spring-boot-project/blob/master/dubbo-spring-boot-autoconfigure>(e.g.,
    annotation-driven, auto configuration, externalized configuration).

  *

    |dubbo-spring-boot-actuator|: production-ready features
    <https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo-spring-boot-project/blob/master/dubbo-spring-boot-actuator>(e.g.,
    security, health checks, externalized configuration).

We have to will separate two versions for once release because of Spring
Boot 2.0 breaking changes :

  *

    |0.2.x|
    <https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo-spring-boot-project>is a
    main stream release version for Spring Boot 2.x

  *

    |0.1.x|
    <https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo-spring-boot-project/tree/0.1.x>is
    a legacy version for maintaining Spring Boot 1.x

        Release Milestone
        <https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo-spring-boot-project/milestone/2>

        Release notes

          1. Enhancements

  *

    Upgrading dubbo |2.6.2|

  *

    Compatible with Spring Boot |1.5.x|and |2.0.x|

  *

    Full Support of resolving placeholder on Dubbo |@Service|and
    |@Reference|attributes

  *

    Blocking main thread until it's shutdown so that the Non-Web Spring
    Boot application provides continuous services

  *

    Remove dubbo banner

          2. Bugfixs

  *

    Failed reading extenerialized configuration on Yaml files

  *

    Relaxed binding of extenerialized configuration issue

  *

    Other minor issues

We look forward to listening any ideas or questions.

Kind regards,

Mercy Ma

Re: Prepare for release of Dubbo Spring Boot Project v0.1.1 & v0.2.0

Posted by Mercy <me...@gmail.com>.
I spent some time on CI issue , and will issue a vote for release today.

This release would not rename package .

Kind regards,

Mercy

在 2018/6/20 下午6:14, Huxing Zhang 写道:
> Hi,
>
> How is the release preparation going?
>
> I have a question with the IP clearance process for the spring-boot-starter.
>
> Shall we rename the package from com.alibaba.boot to
> org.apache.dubbo.boot before the release? Or should we do it next
> time?
>
> We have done a lot of works for dubbo in [1].
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DUBBO-7
>
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 2:36 PM, Mercy <me...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ok, thanks, I am working on it!
>>

>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Mercy Ma
>>

>> 在 2018/6/7 下午5:30, Huxing Zhang 写道:
>>> According to our previous experience, it might take 2 weeks ~ 1month
>>> to get the first release.
>>>
>>> 1. Create dedicated release branch
>>> 2. Make necessary change
>>> 3. Tag the release
>>> 4. Vote on the mailing list

Posted by jun liu <ke...@gmail.com>.
> This release would not rename package

Is the groupId keep “com.alibaba.boot” no changed this time? If so, we can only send the convenient binary maven release to Maven Central Repository.

I am also wondering if we plan to include a binary release in the Apache release candidate this time?

Best regards,
Jun

Posted by Mercy <me...@apache.org>.

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: Prepare for release of Dubbo Spring Boot Project v0.1.1 & v0.2.0

Posted by Mercy <me...@gmail.com>.
Ok, thanks, I am working on it!

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.

--