Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Varga Balázs <jo...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/08 18:32:21 UTC

OM loading very slow, hide progress bar

Hello!

The OM (v. 2.1.x) loading in browser very slow!

I testing OM in dedikalt server (HP MLG5 4Core 4GB RAM, 100 MBps -good,
strong server) and applying private service.

The OM page (tested Firefox, Chromium) measuring with Firebug, loading
time is 25-40 sec!

The main.swf8.swf ~1MByte dowloading time 3sec on local proxyed, (9 sec
from remote) 5MBit ADSL - ok
After download main.swf8.swf, browser is busy ca. 5-15 sec. and page is
blank white.

After main is loading and set up, displayed progress bar and starting
process is 8-15 sec!

The full time - from browser cached loading - onload and log in the
room  ca 20-45 sec!

Problem the first 20 sec, while page is blank, not displayable progress bar.

Howto, and where modifie source, the progress bar is actual preloaded
and displayable before starting another process?
The progress bar is first visible element in page and showing this the
full initializing procedure!

The index page script and JS get the progress bar, why freeze/blank/hide
the first 10 sec in progress?

The patizipant go in login page and waiting blank screen 1-2 sec and
step the next... is unforzunently.
Pleas help me, howto solve is?

Balazs

Re: OM loading very slow, hide progress bar

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Varga,

25-40 secs most probably means you have port 1935 closed
fallback to 8088 taking too long since your firewall is not report closed
port immediately.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax