Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Alexei Zakharov <al...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/02 13:18:21 UTC

Contribution of RMI registry service provider for JNDI

I would like to announce another code contribution to Harmony project
on behalf of Intel corporation. This contribution contains the
implementation of the RMI registry service provider for JNDI.

The contribution can be found at:

The RMI registry service provider allows Java applications to access
remote objects registered with the RMI registry by means of the Java
Naming and Directory Interface. The provider creates a naming context
with bindings for remote objects. The provider supplies JNDI with the
same essential functionality as the java.rmi.Naming class does.

The code is a result of efforts of Intel Middleware Product Division
team. You should be able to run this code with a 1.4+ compatible
JRE/VM. No special support is required from VM. All code is pure Java.
The implementation is done according to Java 1.4 specification of the
DirContext interface.

The archive contains the README file that explains the building
process for this code. If additional comments or clarifications are
needed, feel free to contact me or Vasily Zakharov. We will be happy
to answer all questions about this contribution and to participate in
its further development/maintenance and integration into Harmony.

--
Alexei Zakharov,
Intel Middleware Product Division