Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Ford, Jennifer M." <JE...@SOUTHERNCO.COM> on 2007/08/21 18:48:29 UTC

Order of headers on Axis response packet

All,

I've developed some web services that will be in use by both Java and
.NET users.  Java clients have no problem with the results, but the
first .NET developer has reported a problem with the WCF text encoder
for .NET that is preventing them from correctly parsing the response.
Has anyone encountered this problem and if so, is there a way that I can
fix it on my server side so that we can proceed?

If I could change the order of the headers, that would likely be
sufficient.  Is there a way to do that through configuration changes?

Thanks,
Jennifer

For reference, here's the email from my client:

After a bit of research, I have found that the WCF text encoder has a
bug in it right now.  It does an awkward series of string parsing to
determine the content type and character set in the http header.  The
current logic assumes that the character set will always immediately
follow the content type.  However, Axis inserts the optional action
parameter between content type and character set.  On a side note, let
me be clear that I am not saying this is a problem with Axis.  WCF just
doesn't properly implement the W3C RFC in this situation.

For example, the following content type header would be successfully
parsed:

application/soap+xml; charset=utf-8; action="http://myaction"

However, if you swap the order of action and charset, WCF currently
can't handle it:

application/soap+xml; action="http://myaction"; charset=utf-8

This is apparently a known issue that will be addressed in the next
release of WCF.  Unfortunately, I obviously need a solution right now.
:)

Re: Order of headers on Axis response packet

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Please get the Axis2 1.3's source zip and look at:
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.ApplicationXMLFormatter.java

You can write your own class that overrides the getContentType method
of that class and specify your class in the axis2.xml

thanks,
dims