Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by KRIS MUSSHORN <mu...@comcast.net> on 2016/09/07 18:25:30 UTC

IndexSchema not mutable

I'm getting this error on crawl at indexing.

Error log attached.

Nutch 1.12 into Solr 5.4.1.

Solr is set up to use schema.xml instead of managed_schema... as attached.

Nutch is set up to use the metadata plugin to extract three metadata fields.

Can I get some bread crumbs toward a solution?

Thx,

Kris

Re: IndexSchema not mutable

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
You have modified solrconfig.xml to use classic schema.xml, but you
still have "add-unknown-field" schemaless update request processor
configured.  Then, you are sending some unknown fields to Solr which
it tries to create using that schemaless approach. And fails because
you are no longer using managed schema.

Delete this part in solrconfig.xml to stop the schemaless mapping and
you will start getting errors about which specific fields you fail on:

<initParams path="/update/**">
    <lst name="defaults">
      <str name="update.chain">add-unknown-fields-to-the-schema</str>
    </lst>
  </initParams>

Regards,
   Alex.
P.s. dynamicField * is another way to capture all possible fields and
assign them to a generic string(strings) field.

----
http://www.solr-start.com/