Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Alin Dreghiciu <ad...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/20 16:10:14 UTC

DS and references without an interface

Hi guys,

Is there any way to specify in Declarative Services a reference
without a type, just with a filter (target)?
My use case is that I want all services that have certain service
properties regardless the type of the service.

Thanx,
--
Alin Dreghiciu
http://www.ops4j.org - New Energy for OSS Communities - Open

Re: DS and references without an interface

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alin,

Alin Dreghiciu schrieb:
> Thanx Felix.
>
> Yes, I posted the same question on more mailing lists as I did not got
> a reply from Felix list were I originally posted the question. I think
> you were in vacation and all DS knowledge was with you :)
> BJ answered same thing: not supported. But I'm thinking to add an
> enhancement issue on DS with OSGi alliance as to me this seems as a
> valid use case even if is a corner case.

Ok.

Regards
Felix

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net>.
2008/7/23 Alin Dreghiciu <ad...@gmail.com>:

> Thanx Felix.
>
> Yes, I posted the same question on more mailing lists as I did not got
> a reply from Felix list were I originally posted the question. I think
> you were in vacation and all DS knowledge was with you :)
> BJ answered same thing: not supported. But I'm thinking to add an
> enhancement issue on DS with OSGi alliance as to me this seems as a
> valid use case even if is a corner case.

FYI, the schema for RFC124 (the Spring inspired component model RFC)
currently allows service references with no declared interface(s) - however
I haven't actually tried this in practice with Spring-DM so YMMV...

anyway, sounds like a good idea to raise this issue with DS and RFC124

Regards,

> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 3:05 PM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi Alin,
> >
> > Is this a cross-post from the OSGi-Dev list ?
> >
> > Anyway, looking at the spec it seems, that interface attribute of the
> > reference element is required. So I would assume, that this is not
> possible
> > - with the current specification. And AFAIK the Felix SCR is not able to
> do
> > this either.
> >
> > Regards
> > Felix
> >
> > Alin Dreghiciu schrieb:
> >>
> >> Hi guys,
> >>
> >> Is there any way to specify in Declarative Services a reference
> >> without a type, just with a filter (target)?
> >> My use case is that I want all services that have certain service
> >> properties regardless the type of the service.
> >>
> >> Thanx,
> >

> --
> Alin Dreghiciu
> http://www.ops4j.org - New Energy for OSS Communities - Open
> Participation Software.
> http://www.qi4j.org - New Energy for Java - Domain Driven Development.
> http://malaysia.jayway.net - New Energy for Projects - Great People
> working on Great Projects at Great Places

--
Cheers, Stuart

Re: DS and references without an interface

Posted by Alin Dreghiciu <ad...@gmail.com>.
Thanx Felix.

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alin,