Posted to users@camel.apache.org by c031917 <pe...@knorr-bremse.com> on 2012/11/26 17:52:38 UTC

Retroactive message routing possible ?

I have two AMQ brokers A and B, duplex & statically connected, like the
supermarket example in AMQ in action, Chapter 10.

Broker B is embedded in Camel to implement routing by pure configuration.
Broker A runs standalone.

A Java producer on A is feeding messages to a topic.

They are delivered and processed 100% by the route on B-side, as long as
connection A-B is up:

        <camel:route>
		    <camel:from uri="activemq:topic:blah" />
            <camel:to uri="file:/opt/blah" />
        </camel:route>

But when connection between A and B is interrupted, messages on A are piling
up and after
reconnection they remain on A. Only fresh messages created after reconnect
are sent from A to B.

Where do i have to add an option so that all messages are delivered from A
to B ?

In other words - how can i get retroactive behaviour with Camel ?

Re: Retroactive message routing possible ?

Posted by c031917 <pe...@knorr-bremse.com>.
Claus Ibsen-2 wrote
> Do you have durable subscribers on these topics? They would need to be
> that,
> so they can receive messages that was sent to the topic while they were
> offline.

On router/broker B there is only one route in place. It's the only
"consumer", if this is the right term here.

Is this the equivalent to a durable subscription ?

I'm not sure if pure routing per Camel (to files in this case) does behave
in all aspects the same way like a consumer app.

Is it right that only a subset of options/parameters can be applied to a
camel route ?

Or is there a URI syntax which allows to pass through all the options
available in AMQ ?

Re: Retroactive message routing possible ?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 5:52 PM, c031917 <pe...@knorr-bremse.com> wrote:
> I have two AMQ brokers A and B, duplex & statically connected, like the
> supermarket example in AMQ in action, Chapter 10.
>
> Broker B is embedded in Camel to implement routing by pure configuration.
> Broker A runs standalone.
>
> A Java producer on A is feeding messages to a topic.
>
> They are delivered and processed 100% by the route on B-side, as long as
> connection A-B is up:
>
>         <camel:route>
>                     <camel:from uri="activemq:topic:blah" />
>             <camel:to uri="file:/opt/blah" />
>         </camel:route>
>
> But when connection between A and B is interrupted, messages on A are piling
> up and after
> reconnection they remain on A. Only fresh messages created after reconnect
> are sent from A to B.
>
> Where do i have to add an option so that all messages are delivered from A
> to B ?
>
> In other words - how can i get retroactive behaviour with Camel ?

Do you have durable subscribers on these topics? They would need to be that,
so they can receive messages that was sent to the topic while they were offline.

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Email: cibsen@redhat.com