Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Michele Sciabarra <mi...@sciabarra.com> on 2018/12/12 10:21:14 UTC

Tagging the actionloop with a name matching the version

Hello all,

at the moment there are, using actionloop:

- my upcoming runtime for Python
- on the work a runtime for PHP
- the newly announced Crystal runtime

I am using now, to build the images, the

FROM actionloop as builder

but I am a bit afraid of getting the wrong version (it happened to me)

I know we cannot really do a release because of the complexities, but some tagging is necessary

So my idea is to give at least a name, like actionloop-v1.0.1, to be upgraded when we change it.

(I do not expect many changes, at the moment it is pretty stable and I have not changed it in months).

Can I proceed with a PR for it?

--
  Michele Sciabarra
  michele@sciabarra.com

Re: Tagging the actionloop with a name matching the version

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
I think we should instea ddo a Apache Release cut across all runtime repos
and including the recent new ones like Go, DotNet.

I know this is something Dave Grove and Rodric want to drive soon

We can do one single email to vote for all runtimes
It should take about a week, depending how fast we get the minimum 3 votes
from IPMC

I think after the cut release with a version tag like 1.13-incubating for
all runtimes, I don't anticipate large changes for actionloop

-- Carlos

--
Carlos Santana
<cs...@gmail.com>