Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ed Kasky <ed...@esson.net> on 2007/06/16 15:21:06 UTC

RDJ AUTOBAN

Good morning:

I currently have a cron set to run RDJ once a week but am getting
AUTOBAN messages since the DOS on rulesemporium.  Anyone know how I
can fix this?

[5633] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping, in
"/etc/mail/spamassassin/70_sare_evilnum1.cf": AUTOBAN: Over 500 *.cf
requests in 48 hours period - Check your CRON

Thanks in advance!

Ed

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Randomly Generated Quote (245 of 1229):
"You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the
people all of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all
of the time."   --Abraham Lincoln

Re: RDJ AUTOBAN

Posted by "Michele Neylon :: Blacknight" <mi...@blacknight.ie>.
Ed Kasky wrote:
> Good morning:
>
> I currently have a cron set to run RDJ once a week but am getting
> AUTOBAN messages since the DOS on rulesemporium.  Anyone know how I can
> fix this?
>
> [5633] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping, in
> "/etc/mail/spamassassin/70_sare_evilnum1.cf": AUTOBAN: Over 500 *.cf
> requests in 48 hours period - Check your CRON
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Ed

It sounds like your script / cron is retrying instead of failing gracefully.

We're using the FSL.com RDJ update script on all our servers and I
haven't seen ANY errors like this, as it only makes one attempt every 24
hours.

Michele

--
Mr Michele Neylon