Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Francesco Mari <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/10 17:17:59 UTC

DocumentStorePerformanceTest executed during unit tests

Hi all,

I noticed that DocumentStorePerformanceTest is executed during the
test phase of Oak Core. It runs for a relatively long time compared to
the unit tests (50 seconds on my machine), and I think that it should
be executed with the integration tests, instead.

What do you think?

Re: DocumentStorePerformanceTest executed during unit tests

Posted by Francesco Mari <ma...@gmail.com>.
I opened OAK-3206, but I can't assign issues. Julian, feel free to
assign the issue to yourself.

Posted by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org>.
On 11/08/2015 09:31, Julian Reschke wrote:

> These tests are specific to the DocumentStore anyway and thus are
> agnostic wrt the fixtures setting. What we could do is not to run them
> at all unless there's DOCUMENT_* fixture set.

yes. You can do it within the test class itself with something like
(typed off the top of my head)

public class ... {

    @BeforeClass
    public static void before() {
        assumeTrue(
            FixturesHelper.getFixtures().contains(DOCUMENT_RDB) ||
            FixturesHelper.getFixtures().contains(DOCUMENT_NS) ||
        );
    }
}

it will run on both the profiles.

Davide

Re: DocumentStorePerformanceTest executed during unit tests

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
On 2015-08-11 09:02, Davide Giannella wrote:
> On 10/08/2015 18:47, Julian Reschke wrote:
>> On 2015-08-10 17:17, Francesco Mari wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I noticed that DocumentStorePerformanceTest is executed during the
>>> test phase of Oak Core. It runs for a relatively long time compared to
>>> the unit tests (50 seconds on my machine), and I think that it should
>>> be executed with the integration tests, instead.
>>>
>>> What do you think?
>>
>> Right.
>>
>> Can you create a ticket and assign it to me?
> Julian, could you please take care of filtering the test out using the
> FixturesHelper. In this way we'll have it executing only under a
> specific profile (Segment, Document, etc) and not every time.

These tests are specific to the DocumentStore anyway and thus are
agnostic wrt the fixtures setting. What we could do is not to run them
at all unless there's DOCUMENT_* fixture set.

> See our matrix
> https://builds.apache.org/job/Apache%20Jackrabbit%20Oak%20matrix/
>
> Please note that when running `mvn clean install` it will run against
> Segment only. To run on Document use `mvn clean install
> -Dnsfixtures=DOCUMENT_NS,DOCUMENT_RDB`
>
> Any question ping me on chat (faster).
>
> Davide
>
> PS: I should write down these aspects of testing in docs.

Best regards, Julian

Re: DocumentStorePerformanceTest executed during unit tests

Posted by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org>.

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.