Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Kiren Pillay <ki...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/21 11:00:54 UTC

JAX-RS and .NET

Hi

We have a partner running .NET, who is trying to integrate with our
REST-ful cxf web services. Their toolset can consume WSDL only and not
WADL.

Can someone recommend the easiest way for them to integrate with us?

Regards
Kiren

Re: JAX-RS and .NET

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
On 21/11/11 11:27, Kiren Pillay wrote:
> Thanks Sergei,
>
> It is possible for them to do it but with a little bit of coding
> required on their side (Not as easy as a SOAP webservice).
>
> We won't have time to try your recommended suggestion, sounds like
> quite an involved bit of work:)

That is actually not that difficult :-), but I've just realized that
there's a much simpler option available,
jaxrs:server/@docLocation can reference documents such as WADLs, but
nothing blocks it from referencing an existing WSDL doc, the only
problem is that it is still a WADLGenerator which will serve this
document, so a .NET code would need to use a query like this:
"someaddress?_wadl" which can be easily changed to say
"someaddress?wsdl" with a "wsdl" query changed to a "_wadl" on the
server side in the custom cxf interceptor

Cheers, Sergey

Re: JAX-RS and .NET

Posted by Kiren Pillay <ki...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Sergei,