Posted to users@pulsar.apache.org by anonymitaet _ <an...@hotmail.com> on 2019/12/20 07:59:40 UTC

Pulsar milestone celebration—200 contributors!

Dear Apache Pulsar enthusiast,

As we know, when assessing the health of an open-source community, it is tempting to focus on various quantitative metrics, for example, activity, size (contributors), demographics, diversity, and so on, among which the number of contributors is a key metric for measuring the health and popularity of a project and a way to inform the trends.

And today, we are very proud to see that **Apache Pulsar has attracted its 200th contributor!** It is an important milestone for our community growth.

Over the years, there’s been an upward trend that more organizations embracing real-time data and stream processing, and Pulsar is the key component of that shift. As an open-source distributed pub-sub messaging system originally created at Yahoo! and graduated as a Top-Level Project (TLP) in September 2018, Pulsar has launched 79 releases, attracted 4100+ commits from 200 contributors, and received 4.6k+ stars, 1.2k+ forks, and 1.3k+ Slack users up to now.

[cid:image001.png@01D5B74E.77F31890]

This achievement is worth celebrating, and at the same time, we would like to **express sincere gratitude to you** for making what Pulsar is today and shape what Pulsar will be tomorrow.

Pulsar aims to empower the next generation of event streaming systems by delivering a unified solution that connects, stores and processes real-time event streams. Going forward, we will be continuously dedicated to making Pulsar as a highly flexible, scalable and reliable product and creating a welcoming and sustainable community where Pulsar and you can thrive together.

[cid:image002.png@01D5B74E.77F31890]

P.S. Want to be a Pulsar contributor?

Get started today by reading contribution guidelines (http://pulsar.apache.org/en/contributing/) and submitting a PR (https://github.com/apache/pulsar), any contribution on codes, docs or other is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Yu Liu (@Anonymitaet)

On behalf of StreamNative