Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Sai Boorlagadda <sa...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/24 21:03:35 UTC

IntelliJ setup for develop

Building/Rebuilding in IntelliJ fails with error "Cannot start compilation:
the output path is not specified for modules". Any help would be
appreciated. I have been following BUILDING.md[1] to setup intellij.

[1] https://github.com/apache/geode/blob/develop/BUILDING.md

Re: IntelliJ setup for develop

Posted by Jacob Barrett <jb...@pivotal.io>.
Tests are rebuilt because for some reason IntelliJ calls cleanTest before test. If someone finds a way to tell it not to do that you would make some new friends.

-Jake

Posted by Dale Emery <de...@pivotal.io>.
Running a ‘devBuild’ once on the command line will fix up some modules, sometimes. It doesn’t appear to help with running the acceptance tests in geode-assembly, but (usually? often?) does allow running geode-core tests in IntelliJ.

Cheers,
Dale

—
Dale Emery