Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org> on 2005/05/06 14:31:02 UTC

Tagging 1.2.12

Hi,

It's been a week since 1.2.11 has been tagged and released.
Because of bug in wc_close, and sice no other bugs have been
reported for a week, I plan to tag the 1.2.12 tomorrow morning,
10:00 GMT.

Any objections?

Regards,
Mladen.

Re: Tagging 1.2.12

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
Peter Rossbach wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I thing we are ready to build a release. The 1.2.11 have little bugs but
> was stable and now the bug fix 1.2.12 coming soon.
> I have test a couple of weeks the cvs head and thing it is a good
> release. A lot of people waiting for it. Thats my problem :-)

Yes, you are correct.
There has been lot's of fixes since 1.2.10, and all the effort put in
fixing those deserves a release.

We'll just go as planned.

Regards,
Mladen.

Re: Tagging 1.2.12

Posted by Peter Rossbach <pr...@objektpark.de>.
Hey,

I thing we are ready to build a release. The 1.2.11 have little bugs but
was stable and now the bug fix 1.2.12 coming soon.
I have test a couple of weeks the cvs head and thing it is a good
release. A lot of people waiting for it. Thats my problem :-)

Peter

Re: Tagging 1.2.12

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

Re: Tagging 1.2.12

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
At 07:31 AM 5/6/2005, Mladen Turk wrote:
>Hi,
>
>It's been a week since 1.2.11 has been tagged and released.
>Because of bug in wc_close, and sice no other bugs have been
>reported for a week, I plan to tag the 1.2.12 tomorrow morning,
>10:00 GMT.
>
>Any objections?

Yes, one.  What's the rush?

One week is not enough time for folks to really stress 1.2.11,
and this sure looks to me, from the pace of supposedly "stable"
releases, as though mod_jk has become much less trustworthy,
and much more suspect, for a stable production install.

Why not let several weeks worth of bugs shake out, before blessing
a 'stable' mod_jk that can hang on, a while?

FWIW I haven't yet kicked 1.2.11 at my QA staff but I'm looking
forward to validating HP/UX in this next week.

Bill

Re: Tagging 1.2.12

Posted by Peter Rossbach <pr...@objektpark.de>.
Hi Mladen,

yersterday I fix the stopped flag bug. In some case the stopped flag was
ignored.
I test one case that is not well handled: Configure only one disabled lb
worker and
requests without session id was handled. Hups!

I think the special case only one worker at
jk_lb_worker.c#get_mostsuitable_worker not
handle the disabled case correct.

Peter

Re: Tagging 1.2.12

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
jean-frederic clere wrote:
>> It's been a week since 1.2.11 has been tagged and released.
>
> It seems a lot of people are on holidays in Europe.

Well, we'll have a week for the vote anyhow, so I hope the
holidays won't last for the entire week ;)

Regards,
Mladen.

Re: Tagging 1.2.12

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.