Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Hilco Wijbenga <hi...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/22 01:55:08 UTC

[SOLVED] Re: Property for the location of the local repository

On 21 October 2010 09:49, Jon Paynter <ki...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 10:46 PM, Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> On Wednesday 20 October 2010 Hilco Wijbenga wrote:
>> >
>> > I had a look in the source code and found the following:
>> >
>> [...]
>> > Is there some documentation on how properties are handled internally?
>>
> I don't know what is actually the prefered way of accessing the path to the
>> local repository (but I'm quite sure I saw discussions about it on this
>> list before). However, running your example pom.xml works as soon as I
>> changed ${maven.local.repo} to ${settings.localRepository}. This is working
>>  with maven 2.2.1 and maven 3.0-beta-3.
>

>  I was wondering the same thing - and I just ended up creating my own custom
> property.
>
> If you find a built-in property, please let us know.

Mystery solved. The problem I ran into was related to
maven-antrun-plugin. Version 1.4 apparently has a serious bug with
properties (I didn't actually check whether anything was reported).

If I use version 1.6 (the latest at this time) then
${settings.localRepository} works as expected.