Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <ma...@hometree.net> on 2001/07/25 13:56:18 UTC

Re: Following up on key / value loops and Map.Entry

"Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net> writes:

Hi,

[about introspection in Velocity]

>No, you are right on - the problem is due to the fact that we are
>'method-centric' in our introspection, and we need to address the public
>interfaces on default, protected or private-scope classes.

>I was working on a general solution, not just localized to the
>PropertyExecutor, for this problem.  I even had it in the HEAD CVS until
>I realized how wrong it was :)  and decided to put it off until after
>the 1.1 release. Look for it then.

Any news about this? I'm still carrying a patch around with me to
achieve this behaviour for my specialized needs...

	Regards
		Henning

--
Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen       -- Geschaeftsfuehrer
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH     hps@intermeta.de

Am Schwabachgrund 22  Fon.: 09131 / 50654-0   info@intermeta.de
D-91054 Buckenhof     Fax.: 09131 / 50654-20