Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/09 17:22:05 UTC

Turning off Gadget caching for dev/debug

Seems like somebody turned on caching in Shindig, which makes Gadget
development a little more difficult.

So, I'm trying to figure out how to turn if off for debugging and I've
made a couple of changes to ensure that the URL used to call the
Gadget server has the nocache=1 flag. That didn't work and I still get
a cached gadget, so I started tracing through the code an I came upon
this:

CachedContentFetcher.java:

  public RemoteContent fetch(RemoteContentRequest request)
      throws GadgetException {
    RemoteContent result = cache.get(request.getUri());
    if (result == null) {
      result = nextFetcher.fetch(request);
      synchronized (cache) {
        cache.put(request.getUri(),result);
      }
    }
    return result;
  }

Do we need a call like this at the start of that method:
    if (request.getOptions().ignoreCache) return nextFetcher.fetch(request);

- Dave

Re: Turning off Gadget caching for dev/debug

Posted by Santiago Gala <sa...@gmail.com>.
El mié, 09-04-2008 a las 12:29 -0700, Kevin Brown escribió:
> On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 8:22 AM, Dave <sn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Seems like somebody turned on caching in Shindig, which makes Gadget
> > development a little more difficult.
> >
> > So, I'm trying to figure out how to turn if off for debugging and I've
> > made a couple of changes to ensure that the URL used to call the
> > Gadget server has the nocache=1 flag. That didn't work and I still get
> > a cached gadget, so I started tracing through the code an I came upon
> > this:
> >
> > CachedContentFetcher.java:
> >
> >  public RemoteContent fetch(RemoteContentRequest request)
> >      throws GadgetException {
> >    RemoteContent result = cache.get(request.getUri());
> >    if (result == null) {
> >      result = nextFetcher.fetch(request);
> >      synchronized (cache) {
> >        cache.put(request.getUri(),result);
> >      }
> >    }
> >    return result;
> >  }
> >
> > Do we need a call like this at the start of that method:
> >    if (request.getOptions().ignoreCache) return
> > nextFetcher.fetch(request);
>

> Yep, this would be my mistake. Feel free to open a JIRA ticket and assign to
> me in case nobody else commits a fix soon.

Committed, literally what Dave sent. I used git-svn dcommit, and filled
Author: and Signed-off-by: headers "a la" git to enable precise future
tracing and blaming in case it is needed. :)

Regards
Santiago

--
Santiago Gala
http://memojo.com/~sgala/blog/

Re: Turning off Gadget caching for dev/debug

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.

--
~Kevin