Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Brent Clark <bc...@eccotours.dyndns.org> on 2005/08/20 11:59:56 UTC

[users@httpd] perl ->premature end of script

Hi all

On my linux workstation

I an entry like so

<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1>
  ServerName gevens.homelinux.local
  DocumentRoot /home/gevens/public_html/
  ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/home/gevens/cgi-bin/"
  <Directory /home/gevens/cgi-bin/>
    Options +ExecCGI
  </Directory>
  <Directory /home/gevens/public_html/>
   Options +ExecCGI +Indexes
  </Directory>
  AccessFileName .htaccess
  <Files ~ "^\.ht">
    Order allow,deny
     Deny from all
   </Files>
</VirtualHost>

The problem is in my public_html I have a few perl scripts, there execute and run brillantly, but for the files in my cgi-bin
I files wont execute. I know theres nothing wrong with the per file / modules, because they currently run on my hosting server.

The paths are correct etc.
So it defiantly is an apache config problem.

i my error.logs I keep getting, "premature end of script" (something like that).

If anyone has any tips or advise, I would greatfully be apprecitive.

Kind Regards
Brent Clark

Re: [users@httpd] perl ->premature end of script

Posted by Davide Bianchi <da...@onlyforfun.net>.
Brent Clark wrote:
> execute and run brillantly, but for the files in my cgi-bin
> I files wont execute.

If you run the files from the command line do they return the correct
headers? did you checked the SELinux configuration?

Davide

--
I'm not a programmer, but I play one at Microsoft.
   -- From a Slashdot.org post