Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by "Paul R. Brown" <pr...@mult.ifario.us> on 2011/04/21 22:38:20 UTC

probable sore topic... Maven build?

Hi, Dev@ --

I'm sure that there have been plenty of discussions previously about the current build and Maven artifacts; I am not looking to restart those discussions. That said, I am going to make a Maven-centric build of the Lucene/Solr universe, mostly because I need to build Maven artifacts from trunk on a regular basis, and I'm both happy to share with other folks if they're interested or build on existing efforts if someone cares to point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

-- Paul

RE: probable sore topic... Maven build?

Posted by Steven A Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
Hi Paul,

As Grant mentioned, there is a full complement of Maven POMs stored under the top-level dev-tools/ directory.  You can populate the source tree with POMs by running 'ant get-maven-poms' from the top level.  Before the Maven build will function fully, run 'mvn -N -P bootstrap install' at the top level to install the non-Mavenized dependencies in your local repository.  At this point the Maven build should work.  Please report any problems you find.

Maven artifacts are built nightly via 'ant generate-maven-artifacts' by Jenkins.  The Maven build is also exercised nightly via 'mvn install' from the top level.  See this wiki page for pointers to the nightly Lucene/Solr Maven builds, the scripts that run them, and the published maven artifacts:

	http://wiki.apache.org/solr/NightlyBuilds

Feel free to ask more questions.

Steve

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
Have a look at the dev-tools area under the trunk checkout.  From there, you can use many maven tools if you would like.