Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Swapnil M Mane <sw...@apache.org> on 2020/04/01 05:30:49 UTC

[VOTE] ALC Website with Git/Hugo framework

Hello team,

We had a discussion on setting up the Apache Local Community (ALC) [1]
initiative website at
https://s.apache.org/4ge6w

Here is the summary for the discussion,

1. ALC website will be hosted at alc.apache.org
2. Each chapter will have subpage like alc.apache.org/beijing
And a new post can be contributed by ALC Chapter to their spaces.
3. The Hugo framework will be used for building the website.

Looking at the thread seems a majority of people are in agreement with
setting up the site.
I would like to initiate a formal vote for establishing the ALC
Website with Git/Hugo.

Please vote:
[ ] +1 to setup ALC Website with Git/Hugo
[ ] -1 for not having ALC Website

[1] https://s.apache.org/alc

Best regards,
Swapnil M Mane,
www.apache.org

Re: [VOTE] ALC Website with Git/Hugo framework

Posted by kezhenxu94 <ke...@163.com>.
+1

kezhenxu94

回复:Re: [VOTE] ALC Website with Git/Hugo framework

Posted by Liu Ted <te...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
+1.

Best regards,

Ted Liu,

Re: [VOTE] ALC Website with Git/Hugo framework

Posted by nitish sharma <ni...@gmail.com>.
Yes, that sounds great and in way help community to find each other in a
centralized space and new collaborators to join and communicate at ease.

+1 from me.

Regards
Nitish

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 4:18 AM Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> wrote:

> I would encourage that we move slowly here and ensure that trademarks@ and
> the Board are made aware of this vote before we take any action.
>
> Shosholoza,
> Rich
>

> On Wed, Apr 1, 2020, 01:31 Swapnil M Mane <sw...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Hello team,
> >
> > We had a discussion on setting up the Apache Local Community (ALC) [1]
> > initiative website at
> > https://s.apache.org/4ge6w
> >
> > Here is the summary for the discussion,
> >
> > 1. ALC website will be hosted at alc.apache.org
> > 2. Each chapter will have subpage like alc.apache.org/beijing
> > And a new post can be contributed by ALC Chapter to their spaces.
> > 3. The Hugo framework will be used for building the website.
> >
> > Looking at the thread seems a majority of people are in agreement with
> > setting up the site.
> > I would like to initiate a formal vote for establishing the ALC
> > Website with Git/Hugo.
> >
> > Please vote:
> > [ ] +1 to setup ALC Website with Git/Hugo
> > [ ] -1 for not having ALC Website
> >

> > [1] https://s.apache.org/alc
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Swapnil M Mane,
> > www.apache.org

Thanks & Regards
Nitish Sharma
Mobile: 91-8552954140 <Em...@accenture.com>

Re: [VOTE] ALC Website with Git/Hugo framework

Posted by Swapnil M Mane <sw...@apache.org>.
Hi team,
The board and trademark team shared their kind inputs, and we are good
to go with ALC site.
One great input: the URL for the site will be local.apache.org,
thanks to Dave Fisher.

As a next step, we will request for volunteers for this work.

Best regards,
Swapnil M Mane,
www.apache.org

Posted by Swapnil M Mane <sw...@apache.org>.
Hi team,

Posted by Swapnil M Mane <sw...@apache.org>.
Hello Rich,

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Posted by Tomasz Urbaszek <tu...@apache.org>.
One question: what will be the relation ALC website <> ALC Confluence?
Will we have to manage information in both places (not best idea I
think) or will fully migrate to website?

T.

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

--
+48 660 796 129

Re: [VOTE] ALC Website with Git/Hugo framework

Posted by Xin Wang <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

- Xin

Francis Du <fr...@gmail.com> 于2020年4月3日周五 下午5:10写道:

> +1
>
> [Francis Du](
> https://spikenow.com/r/a/?ref=spike-organic-signature&_ts=g6r6r)   [g6r6r]
> Email: francis@francisdu.com
>
> On April 3, 2020 at 6:50 GMT, Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> +1
>
> Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com> 于2020年4月3日周五 下午1:24写道:
>
> > +1
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Yu
> >

> > On Fri, 3 Apr 2020 at 10:24, jincheng sun <su...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > +1
> > >
> > > Best,
> > > Jincheng
> > >
> > > Priya Sharma <pr...@gmail.com> 于2020年4月2日周四 下午9:13写道:

> > adityasharma@apache.org>

> > wenming@apache.org>

> > > 于2020年4月2日周四

> Local

> the

> > are
> > > in
> > > establishing

> source
> > > > > > > > > >

> --
> Best Regards
>
> Jeff Zhang

Xin

Re: [VOTE] ALC Website with Git/Hugo framework

Posted by Francis Du <fr...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Re: Re: [VOTE] ALC Website with Git/Hugo framework

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by jincheng sun <su...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Priya Sharma <pr...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1
-----------------------------------

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Aditya Sharma <ad...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by "Driesprong, Fokko" <fo...@driesprong.frl>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Ming Wen <we...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by "lgcareer2019@outlook.com" <lg...@outlook.com>.
+1

From: 适兕
Date: 2020-04-01 19:10
To: ASF ComDev
Subject: Re: [VOTE] ALC Website with Git/Hugo framework

Posted by 适兕 <li...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by lidong dai <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Best Regards
---------------

Posted by Tomasz Urbaszek <tu...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Posted by Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

 Juan Pan (Trista)

Senior DBA & PPMC of Apache ShardingSphere(Incubating)
E-mail: panjuan@apache.org

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Thu, 2 Apr 2020 at 03:36, Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 (non-binding)
>
> Craig
>
> > On Mar 31, 2020, at 10:30 PM, Swapnil M Mane <sw...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hello team,
> >
> > We had a discussion on setting up the Apache Local Community (ALC) [1]
> > initiative website at
> > https://s.apache.org/4ge6w
> >
> > Here is the summary for the discussion,
> >
> > 1. ALC website will be hosted at alc.apache.org
> > 2. Each chapter will have subpage like alc.apache.org/beijing
> > And a new post can be contributed by ALC Chapter to their spaces.
> > 3. The Hugo framework will be used for building the website.
> >
> > Looking at the thread seems a majority of people are in agreement with
> > setting up the site.
> > I would like to initiate a formal vote for establishing the ALC
> > Website with Git/Hugo.
> >
> > Please vote:
> > [ ] +1 to setup ALC Website with Git/Hugo
> > [ ] -1 for not having ALC Website
> >

> > [1] https://s.apache.org/alc
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Swapnil M Mane,
> > www.apache.org

> Craig L Russell
> clr@apache.org

WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: [VOTE] ALC Website with Git/Hugo framework

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Craig

> On Mar 31, 2020, at 10:30 PM, Swapnil M Mane <sw...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hello team,
>
> We had a discussion on setting up the Apache Local Community (ALC) [1]
> initiative website at
> https://s.apache.org/4ge6w
>
> Here is the summary for the discussion,
>
> 1. ALC website will be hosted at alc.apache.org
> 2. Each chapter will have subpage like alc.apache.org/beijing
> And a new post can be contributed by ALC Chapter to their spaces.
> 3. The Hugo framework will be used for building the website.
>
> Looking at the thread seems a majority of people are in agreement with
> setting up the site.
> I would like to initiate a formal vote for establishing the ALC
> Website with Git/Hugo.
>
> Please vote:
> [ ] +1 to setup ALC Website with Git/Hugo
> [ ] -1 for not having ALC Website
>

> [1] https://s.apache.org/alc
>
> Best regards,
> Swapnil M Mane,