Posted to users@camel.apache.org by expressmobile <de...@expressmobile.ru> on 2012/06/22 15:41:34 UTC

data_coding in camel-smpp

Hi all,

I am using camel-smpp (http://camel.apache.org/smpp.html) component for
connecting with smsc and have issue with data_coding parameter of smpp
specification.
Using parameter alphabet=8 sets data_coding=25. With parameter
encoding=UTF-16 it makes correct encoding for cyrillic characters.
But smsc vendor says that data_coding should be 8 or 24. Also vendor says
that message for multi-part messages each part have extra bytes FEFF at the
message start.

The questions are:
1. How to set 'data_coding' manually without usign 'alphabet' parameter?
2. How to solve issue with extra bytes FEFF at the message start?abet

Re: data_coding in camel-smpp

Posted by PinkSs <vk...@gmail.com>.
Yes this works for me itself but using encoding in URI makes all messages in
assigned set, means for Unicode msgs. I also want to send text messages
through same connection.

Thus, In my implementation I need to set encoding at runtime so that I could
use same URI connection for sending all types of text, flash, Unicode,..
messages.

But I did not find the way to solve. Any body helps me in implementing at
runtime.

Re: data_coding in camel-smpp

Posted by expressmobile <de...@expressmobile.ru>.
Thank you for response. I ended up with issue. Using encoding UTF-16BE is
suitable solution.

Re: data_coding in camel-smpp

Posted by Sergey Zhemzhitsky <sz...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

FEFF - are the BOM(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byte_order_mark) bytes that are used to identify bytes order for
UTF-16 encoding.

>> 1. How to set 'data_coding' manually without usign 'alphabet' parameter?
As far as I know component does not support such an option at the time.

> 2. How to solve issue with extra bytes FEFF at the message start?abet
Try using UTF-16BE encoding.

Regards,
Sergey

> Hi all,

> I am using camel-smpp (http://camel.apache.org/smpp.html) component for
> connecting with smsc and have issue with data_coding parameter of smpp
> specification.
> Using parameter alphabet=8 sets data_coding=25. With parameter
> encoding=UTF-16 it makes correct encoding for cyrillic characters.
> But smsc vendor says that data_coding should be 8 or 24. Also vendor says
> that message for multi-part messages each part have extra bytes FEFF at the
> message start.

> The questions are:
> 1. How to set 'data_coding' manually without usign 'alphabet' parameter?
> 2. How to solve issue with extra bytes FEFF at the message start?abet

Best regards,
 Sergey                            mailto:szh.subs@gmail.com