Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Ivan Jouikov <iv...@ablogic.net> on 2005/07/12 09:15:15 UTC

Problem with "dbfile" and "4555"

Hi!

Today I was playing with JAMES configuration and I disabled that remote
manager because I no longer needed it (after switching to DB).  However,
if I do netstat -lp, I still see port 4555 open and I can still access
it and modify stuff.  How can I remove it?  (I did phoenix.sh restart,
but that didn't seem to help).

Also, I'm having a problem using "dbfile" or even "db" for my inboxes
and spool repository.  I have no problems using the user DB repository,
but with spools or inboxes I get the following error message in my..
Hmm I can't seem to find the log file, but I could swear it was in the
"mailet".. maybe it got deleted.

Any way, the message was that the "key was too big". and no table was
created, so I assume it's having a problem with a primary_key on
varchar(64) field. could that be it?  If so, how can I fix it?

Thanks!

Re: Problem with "dbfile" and "4555"

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
> Today I was playing with JAMES configuration and I disabled
> that remote manager because I no longer needed it (after
> switching to DB).  However, if I do netstat -lp, I still see
> port 4555 open and I can still access it and modify stuff.
> How can I remove it?  (I did phoenix.sh restart, but that
> didn't seem to help).

Stop it, (phoenix.sh stop), check that java is no more running, and start it
again.
James should not listen to 4555 if you disabled remote manager.

> Also, I'm having a problem using "dbfile" or even "db" for my
> inboxes and spool repository.  I have no problems using the
> user DB repository, but with spools or inboxes I get the
> following error message in my..
> Hmm I can't seem to find the log file, but I could swear it
> was in the "mailet".. maybe it got deleted.
>
> Any way, the message was that the "key was too big". and no
> table was created, so I assume it's having a problem with a
> primary_key on
> varchar(64) field. could that be it?  If so, how can I fix it?

Try again and report what is your database name/version and attach the
logfile with the error.

Stefano

RE: Problem with "dbfile" and "4555"

Posted by Ivan Jouikov <iv...@ablogic.net>.
Hey!

Sorry I couldn't provide the log files - I couldn't find the old one,
and I can't really restart a production server - the only time I can is
the Sunday to Monday night - then I'll show you...

SQL Resources are the same...

7/15/2005

Re: Problem with "dbfile" and "4555"

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by Ivan Jouikov <iv...@ablogic.net>.
Yep that's what I have

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by Ivan Jouikov <iv...@ablogic.net>.
Hey!

JAMES is the latest version, MySQL is 4.1 - pretty standard one.

not
>a varchar(64)
>
>Not a probelm for anyone else, I suggest you try to find out why yours
is
>different, what James & Mysql versions for instance.
>
>d.

****
>The information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the
>addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient (or
responsible
>for delivery of the message to the intended recipient) please notify us
>immediately on 0141 306 2050 and delete the message from your computer.
You
>may not copy or forward it or use or disclose its contents to any other
>person. As Internet communications are capable of data corruption
Student
>Loans Company Limited does not accept any  responsibility for changes
made
>to this message after it was sent. For this reason it may be
inappropriate
>to rely on advice or opinions contained in an e-mail without obtaining
>written confirmation of it. Neither Student Loans Company Limited or
the
>sender accepts any liability or responsibility for viruses as it is
your
>responsibility to scan attachments (if any). Opinions and views
expressed
>in this e-mail are those of the sender and may not reflect the opinions
and
>views of The Student Loans Company Limit
> ed.
>
>This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for
the
>presence of computer viruses.

7/14/2005

RE: Problem with "dbfile" and "4555"

Posted by Danny Angus <Da...@slc.co.uk>.

Posted by Ivan Jouikov <iv...@ablogic.net>.
Well the table isn't actually created so I can't really change stuff in
it :)

I have no idea what key its having trouble with, the error message was a
simple error from the MySQL DB and said that max key size was 1000 bytes
or something like that...

7/13/2005

Re: Problem with "dbfile" and "4555"

Posted by Danny Angus <Da...@slc.co.uk>.
try changing the table itself to make the column varchar(255) , once the
tables have been created theres no need to trouble SQLResources.xml unless
this is a defect.

What db (mysql/oracle/sqlserver?) and what are the keys its having trouble
inserting?

|         |           "Ivan Jouikov"   |
|         |           <ivan@ablogic.net|
|         |           12/07/2005 08:15 |
|         |           "James Users     |
|         |           List"            |