Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Lo...@log-net.com on 2005/05/16 15:43:56 UTC

conditional-page-master-reference and last()

I have a layout such that:

<fo:page-sequence-master master-name="mainSequence">
            <fo:conditional-page-master-reference page-position="first"
master-reference="firstPage"/>
            <fo:conditional-page-master-reference page-position="rest"
master-reference="otherPage"/>
</fo:page-sequence-master>

I need to put a footer on each page that either indicates that it is or is
not the last page of the entire printed document.  Usually, when I have a
repeatable-page-master-reference, I just use code like:

<xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="position() = last()">
            END OF ORDER
      </xsl:when>
      <xsl:otherwise>
            CONTINUED ON FOLLOWING PAGE
      </xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:choose>

However, last() seems to be giving me my position within the reference.
For example, say I have two pages, each one is a different layout using
different static contents.  On both pages, last() is equal to position().

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Lou

Re: conditional-page-master-reference and last()

Posted by Roland Neilands <rn...@pulsemining.com.au>.
Louis,

I beleive it is not implemented in FOP.
Use fo:marker instead for this instead, there are plenty of examples in
the list archive and your fop/examples directory, sorry don't have time
to dig them up right now.

Cheers,
Roland

Louis.Masters@log-net.com wrote:
> I have a layout such that:
>
> <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="mainSequence">
>       <fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives>
>             <fo:conditional-page-master-reference page-position="first"
> master-reference="firstPage"/>
>             <fo:conditional-page-master-reference page-position="rest"
> master-reference="otherPage"/>
>       </fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives>
> </fo:page-sequence-master>
>
> I need to put a footer on each page that either indicates that it is or is
> not the last page of the entire printed document.  Usually, when I have a
> repeatable-page-master-reference, I just use code like:
>
> <xsl:choose>
>       <xsl:when test="position() = last()">
>             END OF ORDER
>       </xsl:when>
>       <xsl:otherwise>
>             CONTINUED ON FOLLOWING PAGE
>       </xsl:otherwise>
> </xsl:choose>
>
> However, last() seems to be giving me my position within the reference.
> For example, say I have two pages, each one is a different layout using
> different static contents.  On both pages, last() is equal to position().
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> Lou

Re: conditional-page-master-reference and last()

Posted by JB...@s-s-t.com.
Hi, Lou,

last() is working correctly (getting the last node in a node set), but
that's not much comfort.

My only thought on this one is to apply last() to the union of the two
page sets. Unfortunately, I don't have time to generate a test case and
fiddle with it. Maybe you can use the idea, though.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services