Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Andre Fischer <aw...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/10 15:41:50 UTC

RIP soldep

I have just removed the unused module soldep.  It seems to have
contained ancient parts of the build system. I saw references to the old
build servers that, on Windows, had to be mounted on r:, n:, w:.  I saw
Perl parsers for reading build.lst files and convert them to XML.  I saw
handwritten C++ parsers for reading these XML files that use handwritten
implementations of hash maps.

Sometimes I think we should build a museum for code that has no other
place.  But then again, much of our code that would belong into such a
museum is still actively used.

More information can be found in issue 124316.

Regards,
Andre

Re: RIP soldep

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 3/10/14 3:41 PM, Andre Fischer wrote:
> I have just removed the unused module soldep.  It seems to have
> contained ancient parts of the build system. I saw references to the old
> build servers that, on Windows, had to be mounted on r:, n:, w:.  I saw
> Perl parsers for reading build.lst files and convert them to XML.  I saw
> handwritten C++ parsers for reading these XML files that use handwritten
> implementations of hash maps.
>
> Sometimes I think we should build a museum for code that has no other
> place.  But then again, much of our code that would belong into such a
> museum is still actively used.
>
> More information can be found in issue 124316.

rest in peace