Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2024/02/14 08:53:48 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.86

The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.86 release is now available for voting.

The notable changes compared to 9.0.85 are:

- Add improvements to the CSRF prevention filter including the ability
   to skip adding nonces for resource name and subtree URL patterns.

- Add support for user provided SSLContext instances configured on
   SSLHostConfigCertificate instances. Based on pull request #673
   provided by Hakan Altındağ.

- Review usage of debug logging and downgrade trace or data dumping
   operations from debug level to trace.

For full details, see the changelog:
https://nightlies.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-9.0.x/docs/changelog.html

It can be obtained from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.86/
The Maven staging repo is:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1481
The tag is:
https://github.com/apache/tomcat/tree/9.0.86
542c35ae834fb29616b184a0e4276a5b7f8542de

The proposed 9.0.86 release is:
[ ] -1, Broken - do not release
[ ] +1, Stable - go ahead and release as 9.0.86

Rémy

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.86

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
Am 14.02.24 um 09:53 schrieb Rémy Maucherat:
> The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.86 release is now available for voting.
>
> The notable changes compared to 9.0.85 are:
>
> - Add improvements to the CSRF prevention filter including the ability
>     to skip adding nonces for resource name and subtree URL patterns.
>
> - Add support for user provided SSLContext instances configured on
>     SSLHostConfigCertificate instances. Based on pull request #673
>     provided by Hakan Altındağ.
>
> - Review usage of debug logging and downgrade trace or data dumping
>     operations from debug level to trace.
>
> For full details, see the changelog:
> https://nightlies.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-9.0.x/docs/changelog.html
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.86/
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1481
> The tag is:
> https://github.com/apache/tomcat/tree/9.0.86
> 542c35ae834fb29616b184a0e4276a5b7f8542de
>
> The proposed 9.0.86 release is:
> [ ] -1, Broken - do not release
> [x] +1, Stable - go ahead and release as 9.0.86

+1 for Stable

Felix

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Rémy,

> Rémy,
>
> Thanks for RMing.
>
> On 2/14/24 03:53, Rémy Maucherat wrote:
>> The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.86 release is now available for voting.
>>
>> The notable changes compared to 9.0.85 are:
>>
>> - Add improvements to the CSRF prevention filter including the ability
>>     to skip adding nonces for resource name and subtree URL patterns.
>>
>> - Add support for user provided SSLContext instances configured on
>>     SSLHostConfigCertificate instances. Based on pull request #673
>>     provided by Hakan Altındağ.
>>
>> - Review usage of debug logging and downgrade trace or data dumping
>>     operations from debug level to trace.
>>
>> For full details, see the changelog:
>> https://nightlies.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-9.0.x/docs/changelog.html
>>
>> It can be obtained from:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.86/
>> The Maven staging repo is:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1481
>> The tag is:
>> https://github.com/apache/tomcat/tree/9.0.86
>> 542c35ae834fb29616b184a0e4276a5b7f8542de
>>
>> The proposed 9.0.86 release is:
>> [ ] -1, Broken - do not release
>> [ ] +1, Stable - go ahead and release as 9.0.86
>
> +1 for stable release.
>
> Build is reproducible on MacOS arm64 and x86-64, except for the
> "fulldocs" package which has known issues for reproducibility.
>
> The unit tests for NIO and NIO2 pass on those platforms as well. APR
> tests passed on x86-84 but the APR library wasn't loaded successfully on
> arm64 for some reason which I will investigate later.

My tests on the arm64 platform were not correctly-specifying the
location of the apr library, so tcnative was not loadable.

Fixing that has proved all unit tests for NIO, NIO2, and APR all passing
on MacOS arm64.

-chris

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.86

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Rémy,

[VOTE][RESULT] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.86

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
The following votes were cast:

Binding:
+1: markt, jclere, schultz, fschumacher

Non-binding
+1: Dimitris Soumis

No other votes were cast.

The vote therefore passes.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.

Posted by Dimitris Soumis <ds...@redhat.com>.
+1 All tests pass on Fedora 38 with Java 17, tcnative-1.2.39, apr-1.7.4,
openssl-3.0.13.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 14/02/2024 08:53, Rémy Maucherat wrote:

> The proposed 9.0.86 release is:
> [ ] -1, Broken - do not release
> [X] +1, Stable - go ahead and release as 9.0.86

Tests pass on:
- MacOS Intel with Native 1.3.0 with OpenSSL 3.2.1 (homebrew)
- MacOS M1 with Native 1.3.0 with OpenSSL 3.2.1 (homebrew)
- Windows with Native 1.3.0 binaries
- Linux with Native 1.3.0 with OpenSSL 3.0.2 (Ubuntu)

The release is reproducible.

Mark

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.86

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.
On 2/14/24 09:53, Rémy Maucherat wrote:
> [X] +1, Stable - go ahead and release as 9.0.86

Tested on fedora 39 with tc-native 1.3.0.

Reproducible.

--
Cheers

Jean-Frederic