Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by ne...@swisslab.de on 2006/02/01 16:45:42 UTC

KnuthSequence

Hello List,

I ve tried to convert an FO that I used to convert with FOP 0.20.5 with FOP
0.91 beta.
The conversion process stopped with a message I can not understand:
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.KnuthSequence

There aren't any further descriptions like where the error occured or
something else.
What is this all about? Does anybody have a hint?
Thanks!

Command: fop -r viel.fo viel.pdf
Output:
Line 1 of a paragraph overflows the available area. (fo:block, location: 3
Line 1 of a paragraph overflows the available area. (fo:block, location: 3
Line 1 of a paragraph overflows the available area. (fo:block, location: 3
Line 1 of a paragraph overflows the available area. (fo:block, location: 3
Line 1 of a paragraph overflows the available area. (fo:block, location: 3
Line 1 of a paragraph overflows the available area. (fo:block, location: 3
Line 1 of a paragraph overflows the available area. (fo:block, location: 3
Line 1 of a paragraph overflows the available area. (fo:block, location: 3
Line 1 of a paragraph overflows the available area. (fo:block, location: 3
TODO Add collapsed border painting for spanned cells
[...]
Exception

With best regards,
Jan

Re: KnuthSequence

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
A ClassCastException is always a bug in the software. Please post your
FO file so we can reproduce and fix the problem.

To get rid of the "TODO...." warning, please use
border-collapse="separate" on every fo:table.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: KnuthSequence

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Jan sent me a test file yesterday. I've reviewed the FO file and it
turns you Jan uses fo:wrapper as the top-level element for wrapping all
children in an fo:static-content. This is actually quite ok, but FOP
does not deal with this correctly at the moment. It currently assumes
that fo:wrapper is only used for inline content.

Work-around for Jan: Since you don't set any properties on fo:wrapper,
simply remove that surrounding element and FOP will run through.

I'll write a test case for our test suite so we won't forget to look at
this problem.

On 01.02.2006 16:45:42 news wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I ve tried to convert an FO that I used to convert with FOP 0.20.5 with FOP
> 0.91 beta.
> The conversion process stopped with a message I can not understand:
> java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.KnuthSequence
>
> There aren't any further descriptions like where the error occured or
> something else.
> What is this all about? Does anybody have a hint?
> Thanks!
>
> Command: fop -r viel.fo viel.pdf
> Output:
<snip/>