Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Peter Crowther <pe...@melandra.com> on 2010/08/17 14:03:42 UTC

[OT] Re: Tomcat hangs every few hours

On 17 August 2010 10:48, sasidhar prabhakar <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In thread dump I observed every thread doing the same thing.
> In my code I sends sms to users by using HttpURLConnection.
> I am using this code for months I didn't get the problem earlier.
> For few days I am getting this problem consistently. Whenever tomcat hangs
> takes the thread dump,
> every time it shows the same results.
>
> Here is my one of threads dump. this is common for all remaining threads.
>
> Somebody guide me to solve this problem. I am trying but unable to do this
>
> "http-80-300" daemon prio=1 tid=0x76890ef0 nid=0x6bb6 runnable
> [0x6def0000..0x6def0db0]
>    at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
>    at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:129)
> [...]

>   at SendSms.sendToSingleRecipientNoNpri(SendSms.java:89)

[...]

The socket is hanging trying to read the response.  Your SMS provider
probably isn't responding to you on occasion.  I assume you've written test
code to do a SMS send; if not, write it and test the SMS send outside of
Tomcat.

This is not a Tomcat issue, so I've marked it [OT].

- Peter

RE: [OT] Re: Tomcat hangs every few hours

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: sasidhar prabhakar [mailto:sasidhar1229@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: [OT] Re: Tomcat hangs every few hours
>
> I don't know what wireshark is

www.wireshark.org

Equivalents are available for whatever platform you're running on.

> If my webapp is not handling the responses what can I do.

Fix your webapp.

 - Chuck

Re: [OT] Re: Tomcat hangs every few hours

Posted by sasidhar prabhakar <sa...@gmail.com>.
I don't know what wireshark is can we install it in production servers. If
my webapp is not handling the responses what can I do.
Could you please suggest that.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by sasidhar prabhakar <sa...@gmail.com>.
For months it is working properly. I tried that one also. Immediately after
hangs I accessed the url directly several times it is working.
Is that the only reason, I thought that but when accessed it is working. Is
there any other reasons.

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 5:33 PM, Peter Crowther <peter.crowther@melandra.com