Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andrey Ilinykh <ai...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/17 02:50:37 UTC

How to share project?

Hello all!
I have several projects which share the same class library. I don't want to
release that library.
When I create pom file for my library I have to create <parent> element.
After that this library is not reusable any more. If I use eclipse, for
example, I would add dependency to parent project, I don't have to modify
library. How to do the same in maven?

Thank you,
  Andrey

Re: How to share project?

Posted by "Walid \"jo\" Gedeon" <wg...@gmail.com>.
Hello Andrey, what do you mean by "After that this library is not reusable
any more"?
Without being sure I understand the situation fully, it looks like you want
your parent project to have a dependency to that library, and then have your
several projects extend that parent project's pom?
So I would say, instead of adding a dependency to the parent project, extend
it.

<project ...>
  <groupId>...</groupId>
  <artifactId>child-project</artifactId>