Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by lydie soler <so...@hotmail.com> on 2004/11/29 17:36:34 UTC

JDNI: define my own resource

Hi,

I would like to define my own DB classe to be used through JNDI. If anyone
has a simple example to give me, it would help me a lot. I would like to
create a pool of serializable objects. So I would need to write my own
BasicDataSouceFactory... If anyone has already done that....

thanks a lot

Lydie

Re: JDNI: define my own resource

Posted by David Stevenson <ds...@rochester.rr.com>.
On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 11:36, lydie soler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to define my own DB classe to be used through JNDI. If anyone
> has a simple example to give me, it would help me a lot. I would like to
> create a pool of serializable objects. So I would need to write my own
> BasicDataSouceFactory... If anyone has already done that....
>
> thanks a lot
>
> Lydie

This book had numerous pages devoted to Connection Pooling, including
a simple Connection pool that use DataSource Java classes.

Java Programming with Oracle JDBC, Don Bales
O'Reilly & Associates, Paperback, Published December 2001, 477 pages,
ISBN 059600088X

http://www.bookpool.com/.x/rramaxk81n/sm/059600088X

David Stevenson