Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2010/01/05 17:14:48 UTC

Uploading widgets to a running server (was Re: Wookie training day @ Oxford, UK)

On 05/01/2010 16:02, Sander W G van der Waal wrote:
> Ross has volunteered to create a CD for the developers to make a Wookie
> dev environment available. He also told me that the functionality
> to upload a widget to the Wookie server is not fully implemented
> yet. I can't find an issue for it so maybe I'm mistaken, but in any
> case it would be great if we can share the widgets between the coders
> on the day.

There's no issue because it came to mind during our meeting.

I was thinking that it might be nice to have a demo server of Wookie
running for this event. Participants can then upload their widgets to
that server for the final "show and tell" session.

As far as I can tell the key functionality is there, that is we have a
watched folder. What is needed is a file upload facility to that folder.

Given the potential for mischief we probably want to put that behind the
admin interface.

I've created one now and will try and implement it in time for the
training workshop (although I've actually scheduled it for 0.8.2 in case
I don't make it in time).

Of course, anyone who fancied giving it a go is welcome to do so.

Ross