Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by artemisn00b <pr...@nokia.com> on 2019/03/13 17:48:24 UTC

ha-policy without scale-down for a cluster

Do you think there's any advantage of using a cluster of 3 nodes, and an HA
policy - live-only, without scale down?

<ha-policy>
<live-only>
<scale-down>
<enabled>false</enabled>
<connectors>
<connector-ref>server2-connector</connector-ref>
<connector-ref>server3-connector</connector-ref>
</connectors>
</scale-down>
</live-only>
</ha-policy>

Would this serve any purpose at all? What I'm trying is, to have 1 producer
and 3 subscribers. I have 3 Artemis servers, and I want to create a system
where producer can send messages to any server, and all subscribers on the
same Topic, will receive it.
Currently, I've setup an On-demand load balancing system with a symmetric
cluster. So I wanted to know, if the above HA-policy makes any sense to the
setup I have. I tried with and without the ha-policy, but I wanted to know
if there is any caveat to this.

Re: ha-policy without scale-down for a cluster

Posted by artemisn00b <pr...@nokia.com>.
Perfect, thank you!

This message will be sent from **** to the users@activemq.apache.org mailing
list.
You may need to subscribe to this mailing list for your message to be
accepted.

What is this notification that I keep getting? I guess my messages are still
visible to all/=

Re: ha-policy without scale-down for a cluster

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
That configuration server no purpose. The configuration would be
semantically identical if you just left it out.

For what it's worth, the HA policy has nothing to do with the use-case you
described.  HA is for dealing with broker failures, not message
distribution around a cluster.

Justin