Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Amit Gupta <am...@computerware.co.in> on 2004/11/09 13:07:17 UTC

Problems with tomcat

Hi,

I am running Tomcat server 5.5.3 with JDK 1.5 on three servers. These servers are User mode Linux. Two servers have fedora core 2 and 1 server has redhat 9.

I am installing same binaries downloaded from Jakarta.apache.org and java.sun.com.

On one server(Fedora core2 with 64 MB RAM). Tomcat is working fine with no issues. Deploys applications automatically when uploaded. No problem with this server.

On second server (Fedora core2 with 128 MB RAM) Tomcat starts and don't kill java process it created when shutdown.sh in CATALINA_HOME/bin/ is executed. So tomcat runs only once and hence need reboot of system . Problem don't solve even if I manually kill process.

Third server (Redhat 9 with 128 MB RAM), Tomcat is too slow to execute applications.

Also tomcat startup on second and third server is moody. Sometimes it start when CATALINA_HOME/bin/ startup.sh is executed some times don't.

Please help...

Amit Gupta