Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by sp y <mo...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/08 04:25:32 UTC

Mike's DynamicBlock in Tap4

Hi All,

If anyone successfully tested Michael Henderson's DynamicBlock in Tap4? The
error I had encountered was 'factory already defined' java.lang.error. The
example that downloaded from Michael Henderson's website has the same error.

Thank you very much.

Re: Mike's DynamicBlock in Tap4

Posted by Andreas Bulling <sp...@phoenix.hadiko.de>.
On 08. Mai 2006 - 04:37:42, Steve Motola wrote:
| I believe he's refering to:
|
|   http://www.behindthesite.com/blog/C1931765677/E20060309215538/index.html

Thanks for that! Sounds _very_ interesting... ;-)

Kind regards,
  Andreas

Re: Mike's DynamicBlock in Tap4

Posted by Mike Henderson <mh...@mac.com>.
Hi,
   I need to post the source code for the T4 version of DynamicBlock.

The T4 version (referred to in the linked blog entry) no longer manipulates page structure, instead it generates a page with the component declared inside it, inside a Block.

DynamicBlock now behaves much like RenderBlock, except it uses the componentName parameter to create a page name, looks up the page, which is created on the fly the first time it is accessed and then looks up the block component inside the page.

Mike

Re: Mike's DynamicBlock in Tap4

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Danger Will Robinson!

I'm very nervous about any component that tries to change page structure.

In the Tapestry 5 documentation I'm finally stating strongly one of
the basic tenets of Tapestry: Static structure, dynamic behavior.
DynamicBlock violates that rule I believe.

On 5/8/06, sp y <mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for pointing out :)
>
> On 5/8/06, Steve Motola <sm...@thelabllc.com> wrote:
> >
> > I believe he's refering to:
> >
> > http://www.behindthesite.com/blog/C1931765677/E20060309215538/index.html
> >
> > Quoting Andreas Bulling <sp...@phoenix.hadiko.de>:

> > Tap4?
> > > The
> > The
> > > error.
> > >
> > > What DynamicBlock are you speaking of?
> > > It would be helpful if you posted the URI to this component ;-)
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >   Andreas

> > Steve Motola
> > smotola@thelabllc.com
> > (310) 422-5521
> >
> > The Lab, LLC
> > http://www.thelabllc.com
> >
> > Content is for intended recipient only.

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator and PMC Chair, Apache Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

Re: Mike's DynamicBlock in Tap4

Posted by sp y <mo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for pointing out :)

Posted by Steve Motola <sm...@thelabllc.com>.
I believe he's refering to:

Posted by Andreas Bulling <sp...@phoenix.hadiko.de>.

Posted by sp y <mo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks all :-)

I'm indeed using Tomcat, I'll go with the tapestry solution instead. Thanks

regards,

Posted by Dennis Cieplik <dc...@gmx.net>.
Hi,