Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Tamás Cservenák <ta...@cservenak.net> on 2021/10/22 05:52:29 UTC

Prepare maven-plugin-tools release 3.6.2

Howdy,

I just wanted a heads up, that 3.6.2 of maven-plugin-tools is about to
happen soon.
If anyone has something more to add, please push it now.

Planned changes (already merged):
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20MPLUGIN%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%203.6.2

Thanks

Re: Prepare maven-plugin-tools release 3.6.2

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
I fear org.apache.maven:maven-* regex is not that accurate and that we fall
again in the blurry API definition for plugins. Maybe defining a pom
artifact "maven-plugin-api" importing all API exported and *stable* for
plugin can make sense to solve that since part of o.a.m:maven* artifacts
are actually internals of maven-core and not plugin ones - even if exported
for classloading reasons.

Romain Manni-Bucau

Posted by Slawomir Jaranowski <s....@gmail.com>.
Thanks.

I corrected deprecated artifacts.

It can be a good idea that plugin-tools check also other good practices for
plugin developments like deprecated artifacts.

--
Sławomir Jaranowski

Re: Prepare maven-plugin-tools release 3.6.2

Posted by Tamás Cservenák <ta...@cservenak.net>.
Slawomir,

Posted by Slawomir Jaranowski <s....@gmail.com>.
Hi

I tried in my plugin recommendation from
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MPLUGIN-370

I put in the provided scope all org.apache.maven:maven-* artifacts ....

I use in plugin org.sonatype.plexus.components.sec.dispatcher.SecDispatcher
which is in org.sonatype.plexus:plexus-sec-dispatcher
plexus-sec-dispatcher  is as transitive dependency from maven-core ->
maven-settings-builder
So when I had maven-core in the compile scope everything was working but
with provided scope it stopped working because  plexus-sec-dispatcher  is
not exported by maven.

I added plexus-sec-dispatcher as a direct dependency in the compile
scope and the problem is solved.

Question: Are we sure that all needed org.apache.maven:maven-* are exported
by maven?

We can have a situation when one of org.apache.maven:maven-* will not be
exported by maven and we can not use it in a plugin because plugin-tools
forbid it.

I don't know if some of org.apache.maven:maven-* which is not exported by
maven can be needed by plugin.

pt., 22 paź 2021 o 12:25 Eric Lilja <mi...@gmail.com> napisał(a):

> Now that's a good list of changes, thank you for doing that and I'm really
> looking forward to this release!
>
> - Eric L
>
> On Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 10:12 AM Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Am 2021-10-22 um 07:52 schrieb Tamás Cservenák:
> > > Howdy,
> > >
> > > I just wanted a heads up, that 3.6.2 of maven-plugin-tools is about to
> > > happen soon.
> > > If anyone has something more to add, please push it now.
> > >
> > > Planned changes (already merged):
> > >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20MPLUGIN%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%203.6.2
> >
> > *Fantastic*

Sławomir Jaranowski

Re: Prepare maven-plugin-tools release 3.6.2

Posted by Eric Lilja <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.