Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by "Lozina, Tony {PBSG}" <to...@pbsg.com> on 2008/06/11 15:59:42 UTC

Need NTLM Authentication help

I am trying to connect to a web service using Axis2 version 1.4 (Latest
one available for download from the site) and Java version 1.4.2

I can reach the web service but I keep failing to authenticate, as I do
not really know how to properly authenticate using NTLM.

I am getting the following error attempting to connect:

Transport error: 401 Error: Unauthorized
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Transport error: 401 Error: Unauthorized

There was some code online describing how you can create an instance of
HttpTransportProperties.NTLMAuthentication however that subclass
"NTLMAuthentication" does not exist anywhere in the Apache Axis2 JAR and
my compiler gets an error on that line. I have no idea what version they
were using but it is certainly not the latest one.

Here's the code I have now to reach the web service:

TestStub stub = new TestStub();
Options options = stub._getServiceClient().getOptions();

HttpTransportProperties.ProxyProperties proxy = new
HttpTransportProperties.ProxyProperties();
proxy.setProxyPort(80);
proxy.setDomain("someproxy.somedomain.com");
proxy.setProxyName("someproxy.somedomain.com");
options.setProperty(org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPConstants.PROXY,
proxy);

TestStub.GetTestResponse resp = stub.GetTest(new TestStub.GetTest());

What do I need to change here to properly use NTLM authentication?

Re: Need NTLM Authentication help

Posted by Saminda Abeyruwan <sa...@gmail.com>.
HttpTransportProperties.Authenticator ntlmAuthentication =

--
Saminda Abeyruwan

Senior Software Engineer
WSO2 Inc. - www.wso2.org