Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net> on 2014/11/14 05:49:46 UTC

[VFS] DefaultFileManager state after close() (also please look at VFS-544)

Hello,

while working on the leak bugs I did some cleanup to the fields of
DefaultFileManager. I noticed not all get nulled/cleared at close.

Now it should be clean what gets set up and tiered down. However I hope
nobody uses such a scheme: when you close a manager, just throw it away.

I redid the VFS-544 (VirtualFileSystem leak) on top of the trunk
commit. I uploaded the patch to Jira, would be good to have a second
eye ball.

BTW: the warning I added does fire when the patch is not applied because
vfsProvider hangs around unclosed in components. So the warning is
really helpfull.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VFS-544

Gruss
Bernd