Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/09 21:33:39 UTC

[VOTE] UIMA AS Version 2.3.1 Release Candidate 6

Hi,

Changes since Release Candidate 5:

UIMA-2085 UIMA AS source distribution contains plain vanilla versions of
LICENCE and NOTICE files
UIMA-2084 Extend UIMA AS service JMX API to dump service state
UIMA-2083 UIMA AS service always uses binary serialization
UIMA-2081 UIMA-AS extended test intermittent failure - message
InvalidDestinationException:
UIMA-2080 UIMA AS serice ShutdownHook dumps message to stderr
UIMA-2079 UIMA-AS Service logs a pid on startup, it should be separated with
a space

The following is a list of issues addressed in this release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310570&version=12315335

UIMA AS release candidate 6 is available in Apache Nexus staging repository
here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-008

The source zip file is available here:
http://people.apache.org/~cwiklik/releases/uima-as/2.3.1/rc6

The binaries (zip and tar) are available here:
http://people.apache.org/~cwiklik/releases/uima-as/2.3.1/rc6

The Eclipse update-site is available here:
http://people.apache.org/~cwiklik/releases/uima-as/2.3.1/rc6/eclipse-update-site

SVN Tag Checkout:
svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uima-as/tags/uima-as-2.3.1-rc6

If you would like to use the staged maven release artifacts within your
maven build
you need to use version 2.3.1 and include in your settings.xml a reference
the staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-008
See: http://uima.apache.org/testing-builds.html for details on settting this
up.

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] 0   Don't care

Please report any problems you may find.

- Jerry C

Re: [VOTE] UIMA AS Version 2.3.1 Release Candidate 6

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Some testing:

I downloaded the source-release, and it came in as ... (2).zip because I had
previously downloaded it, and that's what my browser does in that case.

I unziped it using my standard unzipper, and it put it into a directory named
... (2)/... etc., again by default.

The "blank" in the file-path caused some of the tests to fail, because the test
code ended up looking for files with names where the "blank" was replaced with
"%20".

I got rid of (just) the blank, and then the tests started to run.

However, the javadoc step failed, with an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException.  I
eventually traced this to some bad code in the Maven Javadoc Plugin, and
submitted a Jira for this:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVADOC-312

The workaround: don't have any characters that are treated as other than
literals in Java regex's, in the directory path.  So, in particular, don't have
(2) :-).

-Marshall