Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Tom Keeney <to...@novuscg.com> on 2002/06/03 23:28:13 UTC

SlideRealm Question

Hello All,

I've successfully installed Slide 1.0.16 with mysql InnoDB under Windows 2000.  I've written code to add users to the Domain using the NameSpaceAccessToken and I've been working on client code that will update a users password.  I've had success in writing this code to update a users password, but the SlideRealm does not seem to pick up on it.  It looks like the SlideRealm -> getPassword() method uses the ContentHelper to retrieve password information, but I don't think this ContentHelper hooks into the StandardStore.  Does anyone know the hook into the ContentStore that the SlideRealm uses?  I've seen alot of traffic about caching and the SlideRealm, but I don't see how SlideRealm can be caching the user password if it doesn't hook into the StandardStore.  Any help regarding how the SlideRealm works would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Tom Keeney
Novus Consulting Group