Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Norman Ince <no...@twc.com> on 2014/10/07 22:48:50 UTC

emails bouncing`

I don't know why the messages should be bouncing unless the twc service
is that bad.  Just switched to time warner and they seem to be working ok.

My present address is     noru2@twc.com

I did send through a change of address .  I hope you will see that the
correct address if on your mailing list.

Norman Ince
noru2@twc.com

Re: emails bouncing`

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 08/10/2014 Jim McLaughlin wrote:
> It is a tad irritating that the "Powers Who Have Appointed Themselves To
> Be", though notified of and aware of the issue with the list management
> software, have routinely ignored both the problem and the annoyance it
> causes.

Infrastructure took action months ago to limit the problem:
https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/dmarc_filtering_on_lists_that

and from that moment the wrong bounce messages seems to be quite limited
(the effect is that people writing from a Yahoo address have a .INVALID
appended to the address).

If you receive bounce messages, maybe try investigating what the SENDER
address is for the (reportedly) undelivered messages, since in this case
all messages from the Yahoo network were causing bounces. Maybe there is
another domain that should be fixed similarly.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: emails bouncing`

Posted by Jim McLaughlin <jj...@gmail.com>.
I also get the same set of "bouncing E mail messages".  I got all panicked
the first couple of times, but I wisely learned to ignre them.

It is a tad irritating that the "Powers Who Have Appointed Themselves To
Be", though notified of and aware of the issue with the list management
software, have routinely ignored both the problem and the annoyance it
causes.

Sort of like ignoring the need for a "reveal codes" analog function in OO
Writer, instead assuming that everyone must - and will, or else! - learn
the  "styles" system.

Re: emails bouncing`

Posted by Wade Smart <wa...@gmail.com>.

Re: emails bouncing`